Sean M. Dougherty
REALTOR®, ePRO, GRI
Real Estate is a solid basis for a strong financial future. This is something that I make sure to consider every day to help my clients to make educated and knowledgeable decisions regarding their Real Estate goals - not just for today, but for the future as well. Over the past 12+ years, my career in Real Estate has given me broad experience in many facets of the field, including First-Time Homebuyer Needs, New Construction, Investment Properties, Foreclosures, & Short Sales. I believe in treating our clients with professionalism, honesty and a guiding hand to help them to make the right decision for their individual goals. I aim to take as much stress out of buying or selling a home as I can, and our team will help to make each transaction as seamless as possible.
Being actively involved in the community is incredibly important to me and on any given weekend, you will find me volunteering locally, hiking, boating, fly fishing or going to concerts. I have a true passion for music, and though I can't carry a tune in a bucket, I sure do enjoy watching others perform! I am a native Coloradoan and have spent nearly all my life in Fort Collins. I have extensive knowledge of the area in which I work and aim to bestow some of that knowledge to you as well!
It is my goal to make sure that you have the best experience possible when buying or selling a home. I would love to put my experience, education and dedication to work to assist you to attain your Real Estate goals!
Sean M. Dougherty
CRS, GRI, ABR, SHOP, CDPE, SFR, GREEN
2012 Fort Collins REALTOR® of the Year
True success finds us when we are most comfortable. My signature Aloha Shirts illustrate what makes me different from the standard perception of a real estate agent: I take my work seriously, without taking myself too seriously. I’m here to make the entire process fun, easy, educational, and most importantly, beneficial to you - now and in the future.
Having helped over 350 families purchase and sell over the past 16 years, I know the local market and understand potential long-term benefits and risks of real estate investments. Additionally, through my involvement with local and state elected officials, as well as with the Boards of Directors for the Fort Collins Board of REALTORS & the Colorado Association of REALTORS, I have a good understanding of the political climate of Northern Colorado, and what it means to Real Estate.
I would absolutely love to share my seasoned knowledge and experience to help you find the perfect home or property anywhere in the Northern Colorado region. It’s time to invest, not be stressed. My relaxed yet focused approach will assure you that I am dedicated to meeting your every need.
Real Estate Assistant
I am a proud Colorado native, born and raised on a small ranch in the northeastern part of the state. I brought my small town/country values of loyalty, work ethic, and generosity to the “big city” where I decided to jump into the world of Real Estate. Starting at the front desk at our RE/MAX Alliance Fort Collins South office, I built many great relationships and helped all of the agents with their transactions. Sean asked me to join The Aloha Team in May of 2016. I’m now the Transaction Coordinator for the team, and I feel so thankful for the opportunity. Sean and Jennifer’s endless knowledge helps me grow in my career each day. When I’m not working I like to take advantage of what Fort Collins and Loveland have to offer. From dinning at local restaurants in Old Town, to hiking the Devil’s Backbone, or sitting by Lake Loveland enjoying the sunset on a summer night.
I am here to assist in any way I can. I will make sure we are organized throughout the entire process!
Quick Facts About Jennifer
- B.S. in English from Colorado State University
- Care Package Facilitator for Soldier's Angels
- Realities for Children Business Member
- Former Writing Group Facilitator at Turning Point
- Notary Public
Quick Facts About Sean
- Fort Collins REALTOR® of the Year (2012)
- RE/MAX Hall of Fame: awarded for outstanding production and commitment to customer service.
- 2010-2011 President of the Fort Collins Board of Realtors®. Also served as Chairman of the Government Affairs Committee.
- Co-Founder, Fort Collins Series of Poker Charity Events, to benefit the Realities for Children Triumph Awards Endowment Fund. Over $75,000 raised in 5 years to help end the cycle of abuse for the youth of Larimer County.
- Larimer County Planning Commission
- Director, North Fort Collins Business Association
- Boy Scout Troop 87 Assistant Scoutmaster
- Education: Florida Int’l Univ. – BS Hospitality Mgmt. Paul Smith’s College – AAS Hotel & Rest Mgmt
- CRS: Certified Residential Specialist (3% of Realtors nationwide earn this status)
- ABR: Accredited Buyer's Representative
- CDPE: Certified Distressed Property Expert
- SFR: Short Sales & Foreclosure Resource
- GRI: Graduate of the REALTOR Institute
- SHOP: Sensible Housing Opportunity Professional
- ePRO: Effective use of Real Estate Technology